About History Workshops for Schools
History Workshops for Schools has been created to build on the success of a number of school workshop collaborations created and delivered by us over the last five years. These interactive and immersive workshops bring a topic to life in an imaginative way stimulating and inspiring pupils.
We have a unique approach which combines:
- A strong narrative element, by which children go on a journey or adventure.
- Role-play as a device to develop empathy.
- A variety of very kinaesthetic and highly visual activities which appeal to different learning styles.
- Opportunities for problem solving and team work.
- The chance for pupils to reflect on what they have experienced.
- Inspiring pupils’ writing.
“This is one of the most moving experiences I have ever taken part in as a teacher in thirty years in the profession. The children were completely enthralled and moved by the practical nature of the day and they wrote with real empathy on World War One afterwards. Thank you very much.” Mrs Holmes, Teacher Crich Carr School, Derbyshire